Paychex, Inc., the nation’s leading provider of payroll services to small businesses, announced today that it will honor small businesses with the following theme during National Small Business Week: Small Business, Big Impact.
As a co-sponsor of the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) weeklong tribute to America’s small businesses, Paychex is recognizing small businesses for the big impact they have on communities, economies, philanthropy, and innovation. A recently released infographic from Paychex offers a visual representation of small businesses’ big impact.
“The impact of small businesses can be seen in numerous ways in every corner of the nation,” said Paychex CEO Martin Mucci. “Small business owners grow the economy by keeping our neighbors and family members employed; they drive innovation to make things easier for us all; they support local charities through donations of time and money; and they serve on community boards and sponsor little leagues in our communities. The face of America would look different without small businesses, and we’re honored to join the SBA in celebrating their contributions.”
Throughout the month of May, Paychex is asking small business owners to share in their own words how they’re making a difference in their local communities and economies.
“Small businesses play an important role in strengthening local communities,” said Cassie Piasecki, co-owner and office coordinator of the Optimal Orthopedic Medical Group. “In Santa Ana, we provide free physicals to local youth and sports teams, and we work with trade schools on their intern/extern programs. This community has given so much to us and we enjoy giving back by mentoring the future workforce and preparing them for life after school.”
“Aside from providing quality creative work for our clients, we take community stewardship very seriously and are mindful of opportunities to improve the quality of life or help boost the economy in our community,” said Sandra Brooks, president of BROOKSLACAYO, a six-employee full-service graphic design, advertising, branding, and public relations agency. “We do that by taking an active role in local nonprofit organizations by donating branding and creative work to better position them for success in front of their prospective donors, sponsors, and volunteers.”
Throughout the week, Paychex will provide new resources and features for small businesses on its new website for entrepreneurs and small business owners, BuildMyBiz.com. BuildMyBiz is a website designed to provide information and resources to people who are thinking about starting a new business or expanding their current business. The resources and features Paychex is making available include:
- Podcast Series: available on iTunes and the BuildMyBiz blog, the series includes commentary from Paychex and industry subject matter experts, as well as small business owners.
- BuildMyBiz Social Media Kit: this includes an introduction to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn; templates for designing your own Facebook and Twitter pages; and links to additional social media resources.
- Small Business Success Stories: Small business owners share their stories about starting and growing their business and their impact on communities, economies, philanthropy, and innovation.
- Live Webinar – Navigating Health Insurance Options for Businesses: With help from Paychex Insurance Agency, small business owners can get a head start on making a confident, informed decision about health insurance. The webinar is Monday, May 21 from 2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. ET. Register today.
- New articles added to the collection of hundreds of materials, webinars, calculators, and tools on important business topics.
Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ:PAYX) is a leading provider of payroll, human resource, and benefits outsourcing solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses. The company offers comprehensive payroll services, including payroll processing, payroll tax administration, and employee pay services, including direct deposit, check signing, and Readychex®. Human resource services include 401(k) plan recordkeeping, section 125 plans, a professional employer organization, time and attendance solutions, and other administrative services for business. A variety of business insurance products, including group health and workers' compensation, are made available through Paychex Insurance Agency, Inc. Paychex was founded in 1971. With headquarters in Rochester, New York, the company has more than 100 offices serving approximately 564,000 payroll clients nationwide as of May 31, 2011. For more information about Paychex and our products, visit www.paychex.com.